Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: how strict are your attendance policies at work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at work?

    At my college, you're requirecd to have campus job.

    If you're sick, they don't want you to be there. If you go there and they find out you're sick, they'll send you back to your dorm. And when you go visit home, they're not too picky, you just have to let them know. They are REQUIRED to work around your class schedule.

    But outside of this college, when I worked at KFC, they were good about working around my schedule. They did get a little bit annoyed with it at times but they knew I couldn't help it so they still worked around it.

    At all the jobs I have worked, pretty much if you're not gonna be there, let them know in advance.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at work?

    At my primary job, this has actually been spoken: do not miss work unless you're bleeding (i.e. you have to have a limb sewn back on). Bereavement leave is restricted to immediate famly members.

    On the flip side, the hospital does not want you there if you have anything contagious (for obvious reasons).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at work?

    Every job I have worked is food service. Before I came here, it was KFC in Big Stone. My normal job over here is at Crossroads Cafe (nifty little place for us students). Right now during short term I'm at the dining hall.

    So that tells you that they really don't want you working if you're sick.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at work?

    When my twin daughters passed away in 1991, I called work to tell them that I would not be there the rest of the week. My boss at the time asked me if I could come in that night anyway because they really needed me. I no longer work for him or even that company.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at work?

    Yeah some bosses can be insensitive. I would have done the same thing had I been in your shoes. No excuse for bosses acting like that.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at wor

    I only work part time at One Hour but my boss is great about letting me be a lil late if say a class runs over or I have a speech to attend, I just always try to call to let the guys there know... I'm pretty lucky that she is so flexible and understanding. If I request a certain day off I always get it... I've only missed one day the whole year I've been there though. I don't try to abuse it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at wor

    At LifeCare no matter what the weather is outside you have to come in because if were not there there is no 911 coverage for the Coeburn area. If you need a day off they will let you have it about all the time if you let them know in advance
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member The Dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: how strict are your attendance policies at wor

    I work for Verizon and their attendance policy is so so. It's a step program. An unexcused absence or significant tardy counts as an incident. And I believe 3 insignificant tardies equal one incident. Two incidents in I think a 3 month time frame puts you on step one. From there you move up a step for each subsequent incident. Step 4 is termination, if I'm remembering right. Once on a step it takes either 3 or 6 months of perfect attendance to drop down a step. And if you have only 1 incident against you and you have no more for 3 months, you lose that incident and start over clean. And there are some special situations where you can go from step 1 to step 3, bypassing step 2. Another special situation is that, unless I'm mistaken, you can miss so many days in a row and it only counts as one incident. We also have 5 excused days every year, 4 short notice and one that has to be scheduled. We also have a floating holiday that must be scheduled. And if we choose we can put all but one week of vacation in reserve to use on short notice. One week of vacation is equal to 5 short notice days. But the short notice days are dependent upon if they have any to give. You might call in and have all your days to use, but they can't give you one. It has to do with some percentage they can allow on any given day. I think it might be contractual. And if you have an unused short notice day at the end of the year, it rolls over and becomes a scheduled day that must be used by the end of March. If you don't use the floating holiday, you lose it, but get a new one every new year. It's a lot to keep up with and remember at first, but it's got both good and bad qualities. Like I said it's so so. That's Verizon for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •